BIBLE LEARNING University
The Bible Learning University is recognized by the State of New Mexico Department of Education as a degree-granting institution of higher learning that is exempt from such state requirements as course content and hours of classroom instruction. Therefore, the Bible Learning University has chosen to pursue the following goal.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Bible Learning University nurtures, equips and strengthens disciples in a relationship with the Lord Jesus by promoting knowledge and wisdom, reflecting on spiritual matters, and encouraging dialogue and discussion.
To achieve this mission, we promote individualized degree programs in order to accommodate the numerous possible directions in which the Lord is leading His people in ministry and service. For example, many are called to teach, but not all. Some are called to heal, comfort, write, uncover new understanding, preach, or lead a fellowship. The list is endless. For that reason, the required courses are limited so each student can then craft a meaningful and individualized program.
ISCIPLESHIP PROGRAM: After completing required courses, sampling some electives, and demonstrating a level of proficiency, the student may become a disciple of the teacher of his or her choice. This discipleship program offers individualized instruction.
We expect each student to have the following background when entering a degree program. If a student is weak in any of these areas, the Bible Learning University offers courses to meet these needs.
- Introduction to the Tanach (biblical narrative and central themes)
- Introduction to the New Testament (biblical narrative and central themes)
- First Century Methods of Searching the Scriptures. You will learn to go beyond merely reading the Bible by discovering how Scripture was taught and received at the time of Yeshua. You will also acquire foundational skills for searching the Scriptures, and will be introduced to various resource materials.
- Patterns in Scripture
DEGREES OFFERED BY THE BIBLE LEARNING UNIVERSITY
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.)
- Master’s Degree (M.A.)
- Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
DESIGNING A DEGREE PROGRAM
- The student will be assigned an Advisor.
- Together with your Advisor you will compose a statement that identifies the goal you wish to achieve in your degree program.
- You and your Advisor will then choose courses and learning experiences to achieve this goal.
- Finally, you will then form a Supervising Committee composed of three people. One will be your Advisor. Another will be someone who knows you personally. Your Supervising Committee will approve major milestones in your degree program.